I can’t think of any other drink that says summertime better than lemonade. A homemade pitcher of lemonade is so much better than that powdered stuff you get out of a can. Don’t get me wrong, we use plenty of that, but sometimes you just need the real deal. This combines two of summer’s best flavors!
- 1½ cups sugar
- 4½ cups water, divided
- 1½ cups freshly squeezed lemon juice, or more to taste ( I used about 8 large lemons)
- 2 cups watermelon puree (puree seedless watermelon chunks in a blender or food processor)
- 1 or 2 lemons, sliced and seeded for garnish
- In a small saucepan bring the 1½ cups sugar and 1½ cups water to a boil.
- Whisk to dissolve sugar, making a simple syrup.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a large pitcher combine the cooled simple syrup with the lemon juice.
- Add the remaining 3 cups of water to the pitcher.
- Taste lemonade and add more lemon juice or sugar if desired.
- Place in fridge and let chill.
- When ready to serve, stir in the watermelon puree into the pitcher.
- Serve over ice and garnish with lemon slices.
Linked to the following great parties:
Everyday Mom’s Meals Church Supper
Addicted to Recipes Scrumptious Sunday
Jam Hands Recipe Sharing Monday
Mandy’s Recipe Box Totally Tasty Tuesdays
Walking on Sunshine Foodie Friends Friday