I can’t think of any other drink that says summertime better than lemonade. A homemade pitcher of lemonade is so much better than that powdered stuff you get out of a can. Don’t get me wrong, we use plenty of that, but sometimes you just need the real deal. This combines two of summer’s best flavors!
You might also want to check out our Perfect Glass of Lemonade and Raspberry Lemonade.
- 1½ cups sugar
- 4½ cups water, divided
- 1½ cups freshly squeezed lemon juice, or more to taste ( I used about 8 large lemons)
- 2 cups watermelon puree (puree seedless watermelon chunks in a blender or food processor)
- 1 or 2 lemons, sliced and seeded for garnish
- In a small saucepan bring the 1½ cups sugar and 1½ cups water to a boil.
- Whisk to dissolve sugar, making a simple syrup.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a large pitcher combine the cooled simple syrup with the lemon juice.
- Add the remaining 3 cups of water to the pitcher.
- Taste lemonade and add more lemon juice or sugar if desired.
- Place in fridge and let chill.
- When ready to serve, stir in the watermelon puree into the pitcher.
- Serve over ice and garnish with lemon slices.
Linked to the following great parties:
Everyday Mom’s Meals Church Supper
Addicted to Recipes Scrumptious Sunday
Jam Hands Recipe Sharing Monday
Mandy’s Recipe Box Totally Tasty Tuesdays
Walking on Sunshine Foodie Friends Friday [related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="6" format="thumbnails" image_size="medium"]
I love lemonade! I’ve never tried watermelon though. Will be trying it soon!!
Joanne DiPalo says
This looks so refreshing. I’m sharing this on my FB page tomorrow and I’ve pinned it.
Have a great weekend,
Jennifer Morrisey says
I love this idea of pureed watermelon in a drink! Pinning and sharing!
Jennifer/Home in the Finger Lakes
Marlys @thisandthat says
This sounds wonderful. I make a watermelon drink with crystal light green tea mix but this would be great with fresh lemons. Will have to give it a try. Pinning it. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday and I hope that you come back and join us next week.