I’m sure you have had a version of this popular dip at one time or another. It is another one of my family’s favorite dips. We seem to like a lot of dips…hmmm…I wonder what that means? I think it means we like a good party! I decided to make this dip over the Labor Day Holiday because I hadn’t made it all summer, which, thinking back, is hard to believe.
I don’t know where the name of this came from. We have always called it Ugly Dip, but I have also heard it referred to as Crack Corn Dip. It is most addictive and thus perfect for a tailgate or for just about anything you might need a dip for. I often use “light” cream cheese, sour cream, and mayo with great results. If possible, do let it sit a few hours for the flavors to blend — it really makes a difference. Want to take it over the top? Cook and crumble some bacon and sprinkle it over the top before serving.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayo
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cans (11 ounce) Mexi-corn, drained
- 1 can (11 ounce) Hot Rotel, undrained (use mild if you don't like things too hot!)
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2-3 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayo, and sour cream.
- Mix until well combined and smooth.
- Stir in the corn, rotel, green onions, cheese, sugar, and garlic powder.
- Best if you can refrigerate it for a few hours before serving to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve with tortilla chips or Fritos.
Linked to the following parties:
Our very own Weekend Potluck
Walking on Sunshine Foodie Friends Friday
Six Sisters’ Stuff Strut Your Stuff Saturday Link Party
Everyday Mom’s Meals Church Supper