I can’t believe I was so nervous about our first cooking class. We had such a great group of ladies, and when it was over, my cheeks hurt from laughing and our bellies were full. You can’t ask for much more than that! Of course, I have to tell you that Julie served as the “instructor” and I got to walk around taking pictures and interjecting little tidbits here and there. So of course I say it was easy — Julie was the brains behind this operation. Seriously, we had such a great time and are looking forward to more in the future. Our class presented summer salads, and we will share the recipes with you this week. We’ll also share some of the photos from the class.
You know how I told you that I have just recently begun a love affair with Feta Cheese? Julie told me that she felt the same way about a year or so ago when she began to use it. It is amazing how many things it pairs so nicely with.
This salad may seem a little weird to you, even twisted! It just seems like these flavors wouldn’t go together, but trust us, it is delicious! We do recommend you get your paws on some really fresh homegrown tomatoes.
- 4 tomatoes, cut into large bite size pieces
- 2 cups cubed watermelon
- ½ cup feta cheese
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped mixed fresh herbs (mint, basil, parsley)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine the tomatoes, watermelon, feta cheese and red onion in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Olive Oil, lemon juice, herbs and kosher salt.
- Pour over the tomato mixture and stir gently to combine.
- Cook's Note: If you want a little kick, add 2 tablespoons diced jalapeno pepper.
Kim and Julie
Linked to the following parties:
Gooseberry Patch Recipe Roundup Recipes To Beat The Heat
Walking on Sunshine Foodie Friends Friday
Amee’s Savory Dish Fit and Fabulous Fridays
Everyday Mom’s Meals Church Supper
This Chick Cooks Whole Foods Wednesday