Last week when I walked into Dillon’s, it felt like fall to me. They had a big pile of pumpkins in the front of the store and big pots of beautiful mums. I started my usual round of the store and headed to the produce section. There they were…my favorite Honeycrisp apples! They are only available for a limited time, but they will keep really well in your crisper drawer. If you have never had a Honeycrisp apple, you MUST try one. They are the right amount of crisp, juicy, and sweet. A fantastic apple for just eating, they are also great for your fall baking.
Here is a recipe for a Toffee Apple Dip that my family likes in the fall. There are many versions of this dip, but this one is our favorite. Hope you enjoy it also!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (I used light)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon (a pinch) of nutmeg
- ¾ cup English Toffee Bits (I used Heath brand, all they had were the Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits and my kids loved it!)
- Apple slices for dipping
- Place softened cream cheese in mixing bowl.
- Add brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Beat with a mixer until smooth.
- Stir in toffee bits. Serve with apple slices.
- Cook's note: If you want to keep the apples from turning brown, mix with some lemon juice or give them a quick soak in pineapple juice.
Linked to these great parties:
Our very own Weekend Potluck