I have made many different chocolate chip cookie recipes in my day. This is the best one I’ve found. These cookies are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. We have made these several times and they have turned out great each time. Don’t make a smaller cookie, these are better if made into a larger one. The dough is really stiff and it is quite a workout to stir in the chocolate chips. Look on the bright side, you’ll get an arm workout while making them!
- 3½ cups flour
- 1¼ teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups unsalted butter
- 1¼ cups dark brown sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 bag (11.5 ounces) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine.
- Using the paddle attachment cream the butter, dark brown sugar and white sugar in mixer until just combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients a little at a time mixing on low speed until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Using a cookie scoop that is about ¼ cup, scoop cookies and place on a cookie sheet. Place the cookie sheet in the fridge for 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake for about 15-17 minutes. Let cool on the cookie sheet for a couple of minutes and then move to a cooling rack.
- The dough freezes really well. Form into balls and freeze on a cookie sheet. Place in plastic freezer bags after frozen. When cooking just add a few minutes to the cooking time.
- The dough is really stiff. Don't over mix. Go ahead and shape them into balls. Don't put the bowl of dough in the fridge, it is so stiff it is really hard to shape when cold.
- Recipe Source: Happy Money Saver
Recipe source: Happy Money Saver
Linked to the following parties:
Our very own Weekend Potluck[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="6" format="thumbnails" image_size="medium"]
The Better Baker says
These treats look fabulous and mouth-watering. I’m always jumping at the chance to try someone’s suggest for the ultimate chocolate chip. Printing and will be baking these soon. SO glad you shared. =)
The Better Baker says
YAY You! These cookies look TO.DIE.FOR and I MUST.TRY.SOON. Congrats on getting most clicked at this week’s Weekend Potluck party…Keep ’em comin’ Girl. Hope you have a great weekend.