Tex Mex Sausage Stars
Author: Sunflower Supper Club
- 1 package (48 count) Wonton Wrappers
- Olive Oil, to brush on wrappers
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- ¾ cup Ranch Dressing
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- ¼ cup Green Onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Red Pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Mexican Blend Cheese
- Fresh Cilantro, minced for garnish if desired
- Brush each wonton wrapper with olive oil. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a mini muffin tin. Bake at 375 degrees for about 5-7 minutes. You don’t want them to get too dark because they will go back in the oven a second time with the filling. At this point you can remove the wontons and set aside to cool. When cool you can store them in an airtight container for a few days before using.
- Brown the sausage in a skillet, stirring until crumbly. Drain well. To the sausage add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika and the diced jalapeno. Cook for a few minutes until spices are fragrant and jalapeno is soft. Set aside for a few minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, while sausage is cooking, in a large bowl mix the cream cheese, ranch dressing, sour cream, green onions, red pepper and Mexican blend cheese. Mix well.
- Add the cooled sausage mixture to the cream cheese mixture and combine.
- Fill each wonton shell with about a tablespoon of the mixture.
- Return to the oven and bake at 375 degrees for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro if desired.