I am ready for shorts and flip flops already. We haven’t really even had much snow, but I’m sick of the cold. If I have to endure these cold winter months I love to warm up with a hearty soup. This one is basically a chili with Southwestern flavors and it really hits the spot. I usually make this on the stove top, but you can also prepare it in a slow cooker. Just add the browned beef along with the other ingredients and cook on low for about 6 hours. Stir in the thawed corn about an hour before serving. It makes a nice sized batch. I can feed my family of 6 with leftovers for a couple of lunches during the week.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped (2 cups)
- 2 cans (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (16 ounces) chili beans in sauce
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces) fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) mild Rotel
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 can (7 ounces) diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 packet (1 ounce) ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 bag
frozencorn (12 ounces)
- Corn Chips
- Grated Colby jack cheese
- Sour cream
- Green onions, sliced
- In a large pot brown the ground beef and onions. Drain and add the black beans, chili beans, diced tomatoes, Rotel, beef broth, green chilies, hot sauce and seasonings. Simmer for 45 minutes. Add the thawed corn and continue simmering for 10-15 more minutes.
- Place corn chips in a bowl and ladle soup over them. Top with desired toppings.
Let’s stay in touch…
Find us on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter
Linked to the following parties:
Across the Blvd Snickerdoodle Sunday Party
[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="6" format="thumbnails" image_size="medium"]
Taco chili needs to be on my menu this week! Thank you so much for sharing your recipe with us at Snickerdoodle Sunday! Pinned and tweeted to share. Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!