- 4 cups water
- 1 cup rice (Uncle Ben's white converted rice suggested, not instant)
- ¼ cup butter
- 6 cups chopped sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon Frank's hot sauce
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium saucepan bring the water and rice to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, while the rice is cooking, melt the butter in a medium skillet.
- Add the onion and cook until tender.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 1-2 additional minutes, until fragrant.
- Remove from heat and add the whipping cream, hot sauce, Swiss cheese, salt and pepper.
- Add the rice and mix well, place in a greased 2 quart baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees covered for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes until top is beginning to brown.
I’ve linked this recipe to the Church Supper hosted by Everyday Mom’s Meals.