Sun-Dried Tomato Risotto
Author: Sunflower Supper Club
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 cups Arborio Rice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (2 teaspoons)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ⅓ cup chopped Sun-Dried Tomatoes, packed in oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Italian Blend Cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup freshly chopped Basil
- Heat the chicken broth in a saucepan and keep warm. In a large heavy pot -- I like to use my Dutch Oven -- heat olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion and saute for about 3 minutes until soft.
- Add the Arborio rice, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir constantly and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the white wine and simmer until wine is almost absorbed.
- Using a ladle, pour in hot stock ½ cup at a time, stirring constantly.
- Wait until liquid is almost absorbed before adding more.
- Adjust the heat accordingly to maintain a gentle simmer.
- Continue cooking and stirring rice, adding the hot stock ½ cup at a time. This will take about 25-30 minutes.
- When you add the last ½ cup of broth, add the chopped Sun-Dried tomatoes.
- Continue cooking until broth is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and both of the cheeses.
- Add any additional salt & pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with additional basil and more Parmesan cheese if desired.
Linked to these great parties:
Buns in My Oven What’s Cookin’ Wednesday
Real Housemoms Fabulous Friday Link Party
Six Sisters’ Stuff Strut Your Stuff Saturday Link Party
White Lights on Wednesday Wednesday Whatsits
[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="6" format="thumbnails" image_size="medium"]
Share Your Thoughts