Here is another recipe to keep your kitchen cool. You can also add some grilled chicken and make it a complete meal.
- 9 ounce package cheese tortellini
- 8 ounces rotini
- 1 15.25 ounce can corn, drained
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 2.25 ounce can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chilies, drained
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6-8 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ⅓ cup salsa or picante sauce
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook pasta and rinse with cold water, let drain and place in bowl.
- Add the rest of the salad ingredients to the pasta and stir gently to combine.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour over salad and toss.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving so the flavors can blend.
Linked to the following great party:
Hammock Tracks Saturday Dishes