We do a lot of entertaining at our house, especially in the summer. I have three or four dips that I always keep the ingredients on hand so they can be whipped up at a moment’s notice. This is one of those appetizers.
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Monterrey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Colby cheese
- ½ cup pickled Jalapeno's (or equal amount canned of
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine the shredded cheeses and place in a greased 8" Pyrex dish. Evenly spread the jalapenos over the top.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add the flour,
saltand garlic powder, whisk to combine. Carefully pour over the top of the dip. Bake in a 350 degreeoven for 40-45 minutes or until the center is set. If the dip is browning too much, cover loosely with foil.
- We like to serve it with Fritos or Triscuit crackers.
- You can also use a bag of the Mexican Blend cheese, but it is so much better if you freshly
- Although you can let it cool and cut into small squares and place on a platter, we usually grab a spreader and just dig in!