I love when the temperature starts to cool in the evenings. This is actually the time of year I like to be outside. Whenever we are outside enjoying the lit chiminea it seems that S’mores are in order. This delicious pie will allow you to enjoy your S’mores anytime you like. It doesn’t get much better than this flavor combination that is loved by kids and adults alike. I think it’s a law or something. I’ve tried several versions of this pie over the years and I’ve finally perfected it for my family’s tastes. I like the graham cracker crust rather than a traditional or a cookie crust. While delicious, I just wanted a little more graham cracker flavor. My jumping off recipe came from our former co-hostess from our Weekend Potluck party Tonya from 4 Little Fergusons. She is no longer food blogging, but if you are familiar with her recipes you know they are fabulous.
- For the Crust:
- 1¾ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick butter, melted
- For the Pie:
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 container (7 ounces) Marshmallow Creme
- 6 whole Hershey's Chocolate Bars, unwrapped and separated
- 1 cup mini Marshmallow's
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- For the Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9" deep pie dish.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- For the Pie
- Cream the butter and sugars in a medium bowl.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, graham cracker crumbs and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients a little at a time to the batter and combine. Set aside.
- Spread the jar of Marshmallow creme in the cooled graham cracker crust.
- Evenly space the pieces of the chocolate bars over the creme.
- Sprinkle with the mini Marshmallows.
- Drop the batter by spoonfuls on the top of the pie, letting the Marshmallows peek through.
- Evenly sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-22 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. Place in the fridge for a couple of hours to fully set.
- Cook's notes: Of course you can use a store bought pie crust. When you spread the marshmallow creme it is quite sticky. I've found that using the back of a spoon and pushing it from the center to the outer edges is easiest. Don't worry if you can't get it all the way to the edge, when you place the chocolate bars on top you can spread it out as you push the bars into the creme.
[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="6" format="thumbnails" image_size="medium"]
Share Your Thoughts