We eat a lot of S’mores at our house in the summer. I try to keep the ingredients on hand for a quick dessert treat after grilling. I saw these cookies in the June issue of Midwest Living and thought I would tuck the recipe away for when we needed a treat this winter. Well, as you can see, my family couldn’t wait that long. These are delicious, and the kids loved them!
Recipe from Midwest Living Magazine, June 2012 issue
- 4 cups regular rolled oats
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely crushed graham crackers
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 42 milk chocolate Kisses
- In a bowl, mix oats, flour, crushed graham crackers, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with electric mixer 30 seconds. Beat in brown and granulated sugars. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla. Beat in as much flour mixture as you can, stirring in any remaining with a wooden spoon. Chill, covered, for 1 to 4 hours.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2" apart onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake cookies in a 375 degree oven for 8 minutes, remove from oven.
- Using the back of a teaspoon measure, make an indentation in each cookie top. Fill a plastic bag with marshmallow creme. Seal bag; snip off timy corner of bag. Pipe 1 teaspoon creme into center of each cookie. Push a chocolate candy into creme, point side down. Return cookies to oven; bake 2 or 3 minutes more or until edges are light brown. Cool on cookie sheets 1 minute. Cool completely on wire racks.
Linked to the following parties:
Recipes For My Boys Thursday’s Treasures
Six Sisters’ Stuff Strut Your Stuff Link Party
Everyday Mom’s Meals Church Supper
Addicted To Recipes Scrumptious Sunday Link Party
Inside BruCrew Life Trick or Treat Tuesday
[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="6" format="thumbnails" image_size="medium"]