If your kids love peanut butter like mine, here is a sure fire way to get more fiber and veggies into their diet. Or your own for that matter! This is a great salad to use your imagination with. Use whatever veggies are your favorites. It keeps well in the fridge, so you’ll have some leftover for another meal.
Sesame Peanut Noodles
Author: Sunflower Supper Club
For the dressing:
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoons Canola oil
- Juice of one lime (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 heaping tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Asian sweet chili sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1/2 teaspoon)
For the salad:
- 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 (10 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 1 large red pepper, thinly sliced into matchsticks
- 5 green onions, sliced
- ½ cup rough chopped cilantro, not packed
- ½ cup dry roasted peanuts, rough chopped
- Additional chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons toasted Sesame seeds (Toast in 350 degree oven for about 5 minutes.)
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- If dressing is too thick, add a little hot water to thin.
- Set aside to allow the flavors to blend while you assemble the salad.
- Boil the spaghetti noodles according to package instructions, drain and rinse with cold water. In a large bowl combine the drained and rinsed spaghetti noodles with the coleslaw mix, sliced red pepper, green onions, and cilantro.
- Toss with the dressing.
- Garnish as desired and serve.
- This makes a rather large batch.
- I use the peanuts and sesame seeds as garnish on top so they don't get "soft" in the salad. I just sprinkle some on top of the individual servings.
- This is also delicious with some chopped apple in it. Again, I only add it to the portion we will definitely eat because it doesn't save well.
Linked to the following great parties:
Miz Helen’s Country Cottage Full Plate Thursday
Food Done Light Thursday’s Treasures
Everyday Mom’s Meals Church Supper
[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="6" format="thumbnails" image_size="medium"]
Kari Lindsay says
I love that you use coleslaw mix in this, makes life so much easier!
I have been experimenting with something similar and haven’t had a result I loved yet. Your recipe looks just right! Pinned, can’t wait to try, thanks!
Miz Helen says
Thank you so much for sharing this awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a very special Mothers Day Weekend and come back soon!