I know this is the second post you will receive from me today. I promise I won’t do that often. I had hoped to post this yesterday, but you know life happened! If you are here for information for the online Cookie Swap, just click here.
I love this clever little muffin. I couldn’t believe the scrambled eggs were mixed into the batter! Although I had never tried a recipe like this, but they were very good. If you are having a brunch, this would make a really nice addition. We enjoyed ours with some strawberry jam. I’m thinking about making these in mini muffin pans on Christmas morning. That might be the perfect little morsel to tide us over until brunch this year.recipe from Plain Chicken
- 4 eggs, scrambled
- ½ pound bacon, cooked until crisp
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 raw egg
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Coarsely chop the scrambled egg and bacon.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, dry mustard, black pepper and ¾ cup of the cheese and stir. Then, stir in the coarsely chopped scrambled egg and cooked bacon.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, vegetable oil and the raw egg.
- Stir into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Divide evenly between the 12 muffin cups. (I used my ice cream scoop.)
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until lightly browned.
Linked to the following parties:
Our very own Weekend Potluck
Walking on Sunshine Foodie Friends Friday
Addicted to Recipes Scrumptious Sunday Link Party
Everyday Mom’s Meals Church Supper