~Happy 4th of July~
We’ll have a few racks of ribs smoking and lots of other delicious goodies to celebrate our great nation’s birthday today.
Here are a few ideas for your celebration:
Cheddar and Bacon Meatball Sliders
BBQ Soy Chicken
Creamy Corn and Tomato Risotto
Broccoli Pasta Salad
Bold and Saucy Baked Beans
Old Fashioned Garlic Cheese Grits
Cheesy Corn and Bacon Bake
Creamy Grits, Bacon and Corn Bake
We will start our day at the local 4th of July parade, followed by a lot of fun in the sun, and of course eating! I’m sure all afternoon I will hear the popping of fireworks, due to the fact that my husband and kids are obsessed! In the evening the kids will be ready to break out the sparklers. When it gets dark, we’ll all stand around and “OOH” and “AAH” at the big fireworks. Here is hoping you have a great Independence Day, whatever your plans are.
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, (2 sticks) softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup dried Cranberries
- ¾ cup dried Blueberries
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips
- In a medium bowl, mix the oats, flour, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl and beat in the eggs, one at a time. Slowly add the oats mixture, be sure to mix well after each addition. Stir in the Cranberries, Blueberries and White Chocolate Chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cool.