I have a confession to make: I had never had a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks until Saturday. Actually, I never buy anything from Starbucks. I just have better things to spend our hard-earned money on, like four kids! I have nothing against Starbucks — I just never think to go there. Their Pumpkin Spice Latte has always intrigued me, though, because I love pumpkin. Here is my version of a Pumpkin Spice Latte.
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon pure Pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (or sweetener of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup very STRONG coffee (or 1-2 shots espresso)
- 2 tablespoons cool whip or whipping cream
- ground nutmeg, to sprinkle on top
- In a small glass bowl or measuring cup whisk milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, white sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla for 1½ to 2 minutes, until milk is hot and frothy.
- Pour the milk mixture into a tall mug and add the hot coffee. Taste and add more sugar or sweetener to suit your taste. Remember it will sweeten with the addition of the cool whip or whipping cream.
- Top with cool whip or whipping cream and sprinkle with nutmeg.
[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="6" format="thumbnails" image_size="medium"]