This is such an easy dish, and that makes it a perfect weeknight meal. Truthfully, it is so yummy you could even serve it to company. All you need is a big Italian salad and some crusty garlic bread, and dinner is ready.
Pesto Alfredo Ravioli Bake
Author: Sunflower Supper Club
- 1 bag (25 ounces) frozen Ravioli
- 8 ounces fresh Mozzarella, thinly sliced
For the Red Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (1 teaspoon)
- ½ cup red wine (use a wine you would drink, not cooking wine)
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh Italian Parsley, or 1 teaspoon dried, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sugar
For the Pesto Alfredo Sauce:
- 1 cup jarred 4-Cheese Alfredo sauce
- ¼ cup pesto sauce
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for the top
- Heat a medium sized sauce pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil to the pan. Add the diced onion and saute for a few minutes until soft. Add the garlic and continue cooking for another minute until fragrant. Add the red wine and simmer until the wine is almost all evaporated, about 3 minutes. Pour in the crushed tomatoes and add the parsley, kosher salt, pepper and sugar. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the Alfredo sauce, pesto sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- Spray a 9 x 13" dish with cooking spray and evenly spread about ½ cup of the red sauce in the bottom of the dish. Place ½ the ravioli in the bottom of the dish. Top with ½ of the remaining red sauce, followed by ½ of the pesto Alfredo sauce, then ½ of the fresh Mozzarella. I just tear the cheese in small pieces and space it evenly over the top. When it bakes it will all melt together. Repeat layers again, beginning with the rest of the ravioli, then the red sauce, pesto Alfredo sauce and the remaining fresh Mozzarella.
- Sprinkle generously with more grated Parmesan and parsley. Cover with foil and bake in a 400 degree oven for 35 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for 15 more minutes until cheese is browned and bake is bubbly. Let sit for about 10 minutes before eating.
- I definitely recommend using the fresh Mozzarella. Trust me, it just won't compare if you use the shredded.
- I use the Classico 4 Cheese Alfredo Sauce for the Alfredo sauce.
Linked to the following great parties:
Recipes For My Boys Thursday’s Treasures
Miz Helen’s Country Cottage Full Plate Thursday
The Best Blog Recipes The Weekend re-Treat
Six Sisters’ Stuff Strut Your Stuff Saturday Link Party
Mandy’s Recipe Box Totally Tasty Tuesdays [related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="6" format="thumbnails" image_size="medium"]
Printing! Can’t wait to make this
Aimee Hi says
Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing. I found you via the link up. I invite you to stop over to my blog and say hi! http://www.captivatingcorner.com
Oh this looks wonderful! Looks like a perfectly delicious dinner!!!
Miz Helen says
This is a fantastic dish, that our bunch is really going to enjoy! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a good week!