Oh the weather outside is frightful…..well, at least it is REALLY cold! I don’t know about you, but if it is going to be this cold I would like a beautiful snow to go with it. Some of my best memories with my family are from days when we were all snuggled inside during a big snow. I know some of you have been hit with snow already this year. Here in Kansas we have had a light dusting, but that is about it. Today I’m sharing a drink that will warm you up on these cold winter days.
- 4 cups whole milk
- ¾ cup white chocolate morsels
- 5 peppermint candy canes, crushed and reserve some for garnish
- Mini marshmallows or whipped cream for top
- 4 peppermint candy canes for stir sticks if desired
- Warm milk in a medium saucepan until hot, but not boiling.
- Whisk in the white chocolate and the crushed peppermint until melted. Take care not to boil.
- Ladle into cups and top with mini marshmallows or whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with reserved crushed candy cane.
- Serve with a candy cane stir stick.