The flavor combo of chocolate and peanut butter is a favorite in our house. In my opinion, this flavor combination is hard to improve upon. However, if you add some cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar it becomes positively delicious. This decadent cake is a variation of the Ooey Gooey Butter Cake that has been around forever. Trust me, it is just as addictive as the original, maybe even more so!
- 1 box (18.25 ounce) Devil's food cake mix
- 1 egg
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 package (16 ounces) powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Combine the cake ingredients in the bowl of a mixer and mix well.
- Press into the bottom of your prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese and peanut butter until well combined.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and melted butter. Stir in the powdered sugar and mix until well combined.
- Pour the filling mixture over the cake layer in your pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Be careful not to over-bake.
- The center of the cake will be a little gooey when you take it out of the oven.
Linked to the following great parties:
In and Out of the Kitchen at Feeding Big
Buns In My Oven What’s Cookin’ Wednesday