I love grilled chicken fajitas, and we make them quite often in the summer. There’s nothing better than a plate of fajitas and a frosty margarita. Excuse me for a minute while I dream of summer and flip flops! Well, what are we to do when it is cold and frosty outside? Make them in the oven! These are so ridiculously easy and delicious. Give these a try, and you can have a tasty, healthy dinner on the table in no time.
Recipe adapted from Six Sisters’ Stuff
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 can (15 ounce) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large onion, cut in half and sliced into strips
- 2 large bell peppers, seeded and cut into strips (I used red and orange.)
- sour Cream
- shredded lettuce
- minced fresh cilantro
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the chicken strips and the drained tomatoes in a greased 9 x 13 inch dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk to combine the olive oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, and kosher salt.
- Pour over the chicken and tomatoes in the prepared dish and stir to coat.
- Add the sliced onion and peppers to the dish and stir again to combine.
- Bake uncovered for about 25-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with warm tortillas and your favorite toppings.
[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="6" format="thumbnails" image_size="medium"]