We are in the middle of a long string of really hot days. Yesterday we were forecast to hit 107, and when I took my daughter to gymnastics late in the afternoon, my car registered 109 on the gauge! This heat wave is supposed to continue for the next couple of days, and then on Saturday we should only hit 102. A real cool front! 🙂
I know a lot of the country is in the same predicament. We have a refreshing adult treat that will help you through these super hot summer days! Why should all the treats be just for the kids?
- 1 can (12 ounces) Frozen Limeade, thawed
- 12 ounces water, (use Limeade can)
- ⅓ cup Tequila
- 2 tablespoons Orange Liquer
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 Dixie Cups (5 ounce)
- 8 Wooden Popsicle sticks
- In a medium bowl with a pour spout combine the Limeade, water, tequila, Orange Liqueur, and salt.
- Stir until well combined.
- Pour into Dixie cups.
- Place in the freezer and allow to partially freeze for a few hours.
- Press the Popsicle stick into the center of the cup.
- Return to the freezer for 4-5 more hours until frozen.
- When ready to serve, just remove the cup by tearing at the seam.