Looking for a little something to kick your grilled chicken up a notch? How about a little tequila and some chipotle chilies? I swear you will think you’re on the beach soaking up the sun and enjoying the sound of the surf. When we eat this, I swear I can almost feel the sand between my toes! The chicken is not spicy, so don’t let the chipotle chilies scare you. You can serve this like I did below with all the standard fajita fixings, or it is delicious served as a whole breast with some Cilantro-Lime rice and grilled veggies.
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup tequila
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (2 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from the can of chipotle chilis
- 3 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and flattened to uniform thickness
- Combine all of the ingredients, except the chicken breasts in a small bowl.
- Whisk well until combines.
- Place the chicken breasts in a plastic ziplock bag and pour marinade over the chicken.
- Place in fridge and let marinate for 3-4 hours.
- Grill until cooked through.
- Check out this post for what to do with the leftover chipotle chilies from the can.
Linked to these great parties:
Addicted to Recipes Scrumptious Sunday
Jam Hands Recipe Sharing Monday
Love Bakes Good Cakes All My Bloggy Friends
Mandy’s Recipe Box Totally Tasty Tuesdays
Memories By the Mile Link Party
Buns In My Oven What’s Cookin’ Wednesday
Miz Helen’s Country Cottage Full Plate Thursday
Walking on Sunshine Foodie Friends Friday