There is something about lemons and summertime….
Here’s a dish you can get to the table quickly. It’s great for your family or special enough for company.
- 1 pound peeled and deveined Shrimp (I used Jumbo size 21-30 count)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup diced onions or shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (1 teaspoon)
- ½ teaspoon dried Oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 lemons juiced, (about ¼ to ⅓ cup)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh Italian Parsley or Basil leaves diced for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook Linguine for about 9 minutes until al dente. Drain and reserve 1 cup of the cooking water. Set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, peel and devein the shrimp and place in a colander to drain.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add the butter and olive oil. When the butter has melted, add the diced onion (or shallots), garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes saute for a couple of minutes until onion is beginning to soften. Add the shrimp and continue cooking for 5-6 minutes until the shrimp turn pink and are cooked through.
- Add the cooked pasta into the skillet along with the lemon juice and Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Pour in some of the pasta water until desired consistency is reached. (I used about ⅓ cup). Mix well and cook another minute until warmed through.
- Place some pasta on a plate and top with shrimp, garnish with fresh parsley or basil.
- If you are a regular reader of the blog you know that we like things a little spicy. This dish was not overly spicy to us, but it does have a "kick."
- I would start with only about ¼ teaspoon of the red pepper flakes if that is a concern, or just leave them out all together. Either way it is delicious.
Linked to the following parties:
Walking on Sunshine Foodie Friends Friday
Katherine Martinelli’s Seafood Linky Party
Everyday Mom’s Meals Church Supper
Addicted to Recipes Scrumptious Sunday Link Party
Lemon Sugar Share it Saturday
Gooseberry Patch Just For Mom
[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="6" format="thumbnails" image_size="medium"]