If you take a look at the recipe page on our blog you will see that we have a ton of Appetizer recipes. I’ve told you before that my family loves them so much I could have a blog entirely devoted to them. We especially love dips, or at least I do. They are easy to throw together and will feed a crowd with minimal work. My family wanted me to make this Spinach and Artichoke Dip, but I didn’t have any spinach and didn’t feel like a trip to the store. Grabbing what I had on hand from my pantry, this is what I came up with. We thought it turned out pretty yummy!
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup mayo
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 can (15 ounce) Artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 large can (13 ounce) Chicken, or same amount cooked and shredded
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan, plus more for top is desired
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded white Cheese (I used a Pizza Blend)
- 6 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo sauce, plus 1 tablespoon sauce, diced
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayo and sour cream.
- Mix with a spatula until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-35 minutes.
- We like things spicy and didn't think the amount of Chipotles in this was too hot.
- It gave it a nice bite and smoky flavor, but you might want to start with less if you don't like too much heat.
Shared at these fabulous parties:
Buns In My Oven What’s Cookin Wednesday