Are you ready for some football?!? We are at our house. We are off to Kansas City and Lawrence this weekend to watch Hutch High and The Jayhawks. I just love this time of year!
Whether you will be headed to a football game or just home enjoying the holiday, here is a great dip to enjoy over the weekend. I know the first photo doesn’t look very exciting, but this dip is delicious. You will LOVE it if you like Jalapeño Poppers, which I am in LOVE with. The dip has bacon in it so it has the flavor of a bacon wrapped jalapeño. You can also put sausage in it, and that is yummy as well
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup mayo
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups Colby/Jack shredded cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, undrained
- 4-5 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced, I like to use about ½ cup of the jarred picked ones. I find the "heat" varies so much in the fresh jalapenos from the market.
- 6-8 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon Frank's hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Mix softened cream cheese with the mayo & sour cream.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add the cheese, chilies, japalenos, bacon, hot sauce, garlic & cumin.
- Stir and place in a greased dish. I use my 9" Pyrex.
- Melt butter in a small bowl and mix with Panko and Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over the dip.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 25-30 minutes until it is bubbly and the top is golden brown.