I find January to be a dreary month. After Christmas, with all the lights and decorations, I’m always a little depressed when we take it all down. Everything just looks so blah! I’ve been taking advantage of having less clutter and trying to do some early spring cleaning. It won’t be long until I can put out my Spring decorations and that will brighten things up!
We absolutely love Jalapeño Poppers at our house. They usually make an appearance at the majority of our get-togethers during basketball and football season. These irresistible little bites have all the flavors of poppers, but without all the work. I use the jarred pickled jalapeño peppers so these are a snap to put together and they are made with ingredients I always have on hand. You could also use the precooked bacon to make things even easier.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons pickled jalapeños, or equal amount seeded and diced fresh jalapeños
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 cups dry plain breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese, Parmesan, Jalapeños, bacon, and egg.
- Using about 1½ teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture, shape into balls.
- Roll each ball in the dry breadcrumbs and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes until golden brown and serve warm.
Recipe slightly adapted from the cookbook, Home Cooking with Tricia Yearwood
Linked to these great parties:
Buns In My Oven What’s Cookin’ Wednesday