Today my kids are back in school after our Spring Break. Every year it is the same for me: Spring Break just makes me ready for summer. I am ready to open the pool, break out the flip flops, and fire up the margarita machine. These next several weeks until school is out will seem so long. Of course, it doesn’t help that our weather here was rainy and cool with the occasional sprinkling of sleet yesterday. We are supposed to have a couple more rainy cool days. I know we need the rain, but it is kind of depressing. Well, until I can enjoy the real thing I’ll share this great corn dip that will help get you in the summertime mood.
- 1 can (15 ounces) sweet corn, or equal amount thawed frozen corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies, undrained
- ½ cup diced red pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Montery Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 Chipotle Pepper in Adobo sauce, diced
- 1 tablespoon Adobo sauce from the can of Chipotle Peppers
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- Mix the dip ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Pour into a greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- While the dip is baking, mix the tomatoes, green onions and cilantro together in a small bowl.
- When the dip is finished baking remove from the oven and top with the tomato mixture.
- Serve with corn chips or Fritos.
- You won't use the entire can of Chipotle Chilies in Adobo Sauce.
- Check out this post to store the extra.
Linked to these great blog parties:
Buns In My Oven What’s Cookin’ Wednesday
Miz Helen’s Country Cottage Full Plate Thursday
The Best Blog Recipes The Weekend re-Treat
Real Housemoms Fabulous Fridays!
[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="6" format="thumbnails" image_size="medium"]