I have a family favorite to share with you today. My family loves Mexican food, and this is an easy weeknight dinner. The leftovers the next day are even better, and my family usually doesn’t like leftovers.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (1 teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (15 ounce) pinto or black beans, rinsed and drained ( I used pinto this time)
- 1 can (15 ounce) corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounce) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (19 ounce) enchilada sauce
- 16 corn tortillas
- 4 cups (16 ounces) Mexican Blend Cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef or turkey, onion and garlic over medium heat until browned. Drain any grease. Add the chili powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Let cook for a few minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in the beans, corn, green chilies, tomatoes and enchilada sauce.
- Let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- In a greased 9 x 13 inch dish, tear 8 tortillas into small pieces and place in the bottom of the dish.
- Put ½ of the meat mixture over the top and then ½ of the cheese.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas, meat mixture and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes until bubbly.
- Let sit about 5 minutes before cutting.
Linked to the following great parties:
Our very own Weekend Potluck
Love Bakes Good Cakes All My Bloggy Friends
Inside BruCrew Life Trick or Treat Tuesday
Feeding Big In and Out of the Kitchen
Buns In My Oven What’s Cookin Wednesday
Chocolate, Chocolate and More Thursday’s Treasures
White Lights on Wednesday Wednesday Whatsits
Miz Helen’s Country Cottage Full Plate Thursday
Simple Living and Eating Foodie Friday
Sassy Little Lady Show and Tell Saturday
Six Sisters’ Stuff Strut Your Stuff Saturday Link Party
Everyday Mom’s Meals Church Supper
Hammock Tracks Savannah’s Savory Bites
Addicted to Recipes Scrumptious Sunday
Jam Hands Recipe Sharing Monday [related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="6" format="thumbnails" image_size="medium"]