The heat has broken here in Kansas, but it still seems like having the oven on in the kitchen makes one very warm. So, lighten your load and your energy bill by using the microwave for this recipe.
This recipe was given to me by my good friend Pam. Some of you may already have this recipe. I demonstrated it at a women’s retreat at our church a couple years ago. If you haven’t tried it, you should! Five easy ingredients and no oven involved. How simple is that?
Here is what you’ll need:
- 1 bag spinach
- 2 cups (8 ounces) grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can drained black beans
- 1 large can chicken or you can cook your own, but remember we were going for EASY!
- 1 small jar salsa
- 1 package of corn or flour tortillas, if you are making it a meal.
- Tear the spinach into somewhat large pieces and place in bowl with 1 tablespoon water.
- Cover with plastic wrap and microwave about 1 ½ minutes.
- Pour off any liquid.
- Add the cheese, drained black beans, drained chicken, and jar of salsa.
- Stir together and microwave for about 2 minutes.
- Stir again and microwave for an additional couple minutes (this depends on the strength of your microwave).
- There you go – you are done.
- Meal or appetizer complete – whoo hoo!