This breakfast casserole is a basic in our house, one of about three of my go-to breakfast casseroles. If you need a breakfast dish that is basic and easy, this is it. I love a breakfast dish filled with eggs and veggies, but my kids just want simple. Actually, I am not much of a breakfast cook except for on the weekends. My kids love when their dad, who travels for work, is home on school mornings. Because he grew up eating hot breakfasts most mornings, he loves to get up and make the kids one before they head off to school. I have to say that I quite enjoy it as well, even though I am pretty much an “I’ll just have coffee” kind of a person in the morning. Next time you need an easy casserole, give this recipe a try.
- 1 package (8 ounces) Crescent Rolls
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Shredded Cheese, your choice (My family likes Colby-Jack)
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage or bacon, or use 2 cups diced ham
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Place the crescent rolls in the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 inch greased casserole dish.
- Pinch seams together.
- Evenly spread the cheese over the layer of crescent rolls followed by the sausage, bacon or ham (or maybe a combo!).
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs and milk, add the ground mustard, salt and pepper.
- Gently pour over the casserole.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes until set.
- I have never assembled this completely the night before.
- I usually layer the rolls, cheese, and sausage in the casserole dish and combine the eggs and the rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl.
- In the morning all you need to do is pour the eggs over the casserole and bake.
Share Your Thoughts