One thing that says summer to me is a Diet Cherry Limeade from Sonic. I’m sure I have spent a small fortune on them. If I am anywhere near Sonic during their “Happy Hour,” I am there. I have seen a lot of recipes that copy the recipe, and I have just tweaked a basic recipe for my family. These are super simple to make and very refreshing, which will be great today when our forecast here in Kansas is a high of about 107 degrees!
- 1 16 ounce jar maraschino cherries (You won't use all, this is probably enough for 2 batches of cherry limeade.)
- 1 12 ounce can Frozen Limeade, thawed
- 1 2-Liter Bottle of Diet Sprite
- 3 limes (save 1 for garnish)
- Combine the frozen limeade and Diet Sprite in a pitcher.
- Juice 2 limes and add juice and rind to the pitcher.
- Add about ½ of the juice from the jar of cherries, reserving the cherries for garnish.
- Taste and add more juice to desired sweetness.
- We use a little over ½ of the juice for my family.
- You can always add the juice to the glass to make it sweeter for someone who doesn't like it so tart.
- Serve over crushed ice and garnish with lime slices and cherries.
I’ve linked this to the Weekend Potluck.