Good morning! I’m actually reorganizing some things on the blog, so these little morsels I’ve actually posted before, but they are so good I thought I’d share them again!
There is something about outdoor cookouts and get-togethers in the summer. I love the typical dishes that are shared, as well as the casual atmosphere. I don’t make the deviled eggs that often; my mom usually brings a big platter of eggs. My kids love them and really wanted them on the 4th of July, and since my parents were out of town it was up to me. For easy instructions on how to boil your eggs. check out our post for Egg Salad.
- 1 dozen hard boiled eggs
- ⅓ cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1½ teaspoons white vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon Frank's hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Paprika for garnish
- Peel hard boiled eggs and cut in half lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks and place in a medium bowl and place the whites on a serving platter.
- Mash the yolks with a fork.
- Add the mayo, sour cream, white vinegar, brown mustard, sugar, Frank's, kosher salt and pepper.
- Stir with a spatula mashing the egg mixture until it is smooth.
- Transfer the egg mixture to a pastry or ziplock bag.
- Pipe the egg mixture into the egg whites and garnish with paprika.