Here is one of my favorite lunches in the summertime. I can remember a big bowl of this in the fridge growing up. It gets even better the longer it sits. I’ve been known to spoon this over a mound of cottage cheese, which might sound weird, but I like it. The sweet and tangy dressing is so good!
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and cored and diced into bite size pieces
- ½ purple onion, peeled and cut in half and thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup canola oil (or vegetable)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- In a medium bowl place the cucumber, tomatoes and onion.
- In a small jar with a lid, place the oil, red wine vinegar, sugar, kosher salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Shake until well combined and the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over the cucumber mixture and stir gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving.
Linked to these great parties: