Now that school is back in session, it is nice to have quick and easy dishes that can be whipped up in a flash. This is one of those dishes. While the pasta is cooking, you can mix all your other ingredients and have this in the oven in 10 minutes. We love the tang that the sour cream gives this creamy mac and cheese.
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 pound medium-size pasta shells
- 4 cups (16 ounces) grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 container (16 ounces) cottage cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream (light works fine)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a 9 X 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Bring water and 1 tablespoon of salt to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Cook until just done. Drain.
- Meanwhile, mix cheeses and sour cream in a large bowl. Add the hot pasta and mix well. Add salt and pepper to suit your tastes. Transfer to baking dish. (I added a little more shredded cheddar on the top).
- Mix bread crumbs, parsley, and butter in a small bowl and sprinkle over shells. Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 30-35 minutes.
- I cooked mine for 30 minutes. If my children hadn't kept coming in and informing my they were starving to death I would have left it in the oven for 5 more minutes to brown the Panko a little more.
Recipe Source~Pam Anderson’s Perfect One Dish Dinners
[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="6" format="thumbnails" image_size="medium"]
Marsha Baker says
That looks and sounds wonderfully comforting. I just made your Mexican Rice recipe last night and we both really loved it. Thanks for sharing such great recipes.
Kim and Julie (Sunflower Supper Club) says
Thanks so much Marsha!
Marlys @thisandthat says
This sounds delicious. I haven’t made macaroni and cheese for a long time as hubby’s not a pasta fan but I just might have to slip this in… Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday and I hope you will join us again next week.