Back during the holidays, in my post for our updated version of Green Bean Casserole, which by the way is a great side for your Easter dinner, I wrote about the corn dish I always take when my family attends potluck dinners. My kids love this dish and I make it frequently. Since I have had several people ask me for the recipe, I thought I would share it on the blog. Every time you turn around you will see a version of this recipe; it is simple and yummy and very popular. This particular recipe comes from Dan’s mom, who made this when he was growing up. The cheese is my addition because everything is better with a handful of cheese. If you like spicy foods, throw in a can or handful of diced jalapeños.
- 1 stick butter
- 1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 can (14.75 ounce) Creamed Corn
- 1 can (15.25 ounce) Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream (you can use light)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheese
- Melt butter in a large glass or microwaveable bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour into a greased casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 - 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="6" format="thumbnails" image_size="medium"]