- 8 slices bacon, cut crosswise into ½" slices
- 1 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds and membrane removed, finely diced (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1/2 teaspoon)
- 6 cups fresh sweet corn (or equal amount frozen corn, thawed)
- 1 package (8 ounces) light cream cheese, cut into pieces
- ½ cup whipping cream or ½ and ½
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook the bacon until crisp.
- Remove from the skillet with a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Drain all but about 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease from the skillet and add the onion, jalapeño pepper (if using), and garlic.
- Sauté for a couple of minutes until onion is beginning to soften.
- Reduce heat to medium and add corn to the skillet.
- Cook for about 7-8 minutes until tender.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add the cream cheese, whipping cream (or ½ and ½), sugar, kosher salt ,and pepper.
- Stir until cream cheese is melted.
- Transfer to serving dish and top with the reserved cooked bacon.
Linked to the following parties:
Across the Boulevard Snickerdoodle Sunday Party