Do you have a recipe that just reminds you of summer? For me it is this cornbread salad. With the unseasonably warm weather we have had this spring, we have fired up our grill several times in the past couple of months. I have been itching to make this, and I finally got around to making this salad this weekend. Although this recipe has been around for as long as I can remember, everyone has a slightly different delicious way of making it. Here is my favorite version.
- 8½ ounce box of Corn Muffin Mix, plus ingredients to make (1/3 cup milk and 1 egg)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Fiesta Corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can Pinto Beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped (when I can't get homegrown I use 4 or 5 Roma tomatoes)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 to 1½ cups Ranch Dressing, use your favorite
- Prepare corn muffin mix per package directions in a square baking dish. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a large bowl mix the corn, beans, green onions, red bell pepper, tomatoes, cheese and bacon. Crumble the cornbread and gently mix into the salad. Coat with the ranch dressing and stir to combine.
- Place in serving dish and put in the fridge for 3 to 4 hours for the flavors to blend.
- This salad is also pretty layered in a glass bowl. I mix everything but the cornbread and the dressing. Layer ½ of the corn mixture in a pretty bowl, top with ½ of the crumbled cornbread. Top with the remaining corn mixture and then the rest of the cornbread. Spread the dressing over the top of the salad.
[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="6" format="thumbnails" image_size="medium"]
I’ve never had a cornbread salad, but this looks super yummy! I love cornbread, and everything else about this recipe. Pinning! Thank you for sharing!