Can you believe that this weekend is July 4th? This summer has just flown by for us. It always seems like school is barreling our way once the 4th is over. We’ve included some great dishes for your holiday get togethers this weekend at the end of the post. Just click on the link and it will take you to the recipe. We wish you a wonderful and safe Independence Day!
Now for todays recipe. I love summertime dinners. The majority of the time we throw something on the grill, add a salad and dinner is done. The kitchen stays cool and relatively clean. This chicken is fantastic on its own or you can cut it into strips and roll it up in tortillas for a delicious fajita.
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ½ cup lime juice
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- Whisk together all the marinade ingredients until well combines in a small bowl and set aside.
- Trim and pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness and place in a zip lock bag.
- Pour marinade over chicken and seal.
- Let the chicken marinate for 3-12 hours.
- Grill chicken about 7-8 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
Now for some great food and drink for your weekend!
Linked to the following parties:
Our very own Weekend Potluck
Buns In My Oven What’s Cookin’ Wednesday[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="6" format="thumbnails" image_size="medium"]