When I was younger I loved the chocolate chip cookie dough batter before you added the chocolate chips. I know that is kind of weird, isn’t it? Don’t get me wrong — I love chocolate — but my favorite was the plain batter. I think that is why I love “Blondies.” I would like these just as much without the chocolate and butterscotch chips, but my family would have none of that! These are really rich so I would cut them even smaller that I have pictured them. If you’re in the mood for something sweet, a little bite of this will surely satisfy you.
- 1½ sticks unsalted butter (12 tablespoons), softened
- 1½ cups packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⅔ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- ¾ cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla and mix to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix into the butter and sugar mixture a little at a time.
- Stir in the chocolate and the butterscotch chips.
- Spread the batter into a 9 x 13 inch dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Linked to these great parties:
Food Done Light Thursdays Treasures