My kids love Chicken Parmesan. I do too, but I don’t always have the time to make it. This dish combines the flavors of the classic dish, but is super speedy and perfect for a weeknight meal. I know a lot of people are not fans of casseroles. I have always loved them for feeding my family. All you have to do is add a salad and some bread and you’re done. I love how most can be made ahead of time and baked when you’re ready to eat. This one is a perfect use for leftover baked chicken and I usually have all of the other ingredients on hand.
- 4-5 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 jar (24 ounces) of your favorite marinara sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian blend cheese
- 1 bag (5 ounces) garlic croutons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- Fresh Italian parsley minced for garnish
- Cooked spaghetti noodles for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the chicken in a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the marinara sauce, garlic, basil, and oregano.
- Spread evenly over the chicken.
- Top with the Italian cheese blend
- Roughly crush the bag of garlic croutons and mix with olive oil and parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle evenly over the cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the topping is golden and the casserole is bubbling.
- Sprinkle with fresh Italian parsley and serve over cooked spaghetti noodles.