I don’t use a lot of canned or jarred ingredients, but sometimes time is of the essence. This is one of those dishes that can be thrown together when you need a dish on the fly, such as your son’s Swim Team banquet. Those boys love pasta!Recipe adapted from Southern Living
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1½ cups sour cream
- 1 container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Italian Parsley
- 1½ cups (6 ounces) shredded Italian Blend cheese
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water. Drain and return pasta to the warm pot.
- While the pasta is cooking. Mix the Alfredo sauce and sour cream. Add to the warm pasta and mix well.
- In a small bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, and Italian Parsley.
- Place half of the pasta mixture in a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch dish.
- Spoon the ricotta mixture over the pasta and spread to evenly coat.
- Top with the remaining pasta and the shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until bubbly.
Linked to these great parties:
Addicted to Recipes Scrumptious Sunday
Everyday Mom’s Meals Church Supper
Buns In My Oven What’s Cookin’ Wednesday