Ok…now I know it’s the new year and we are supposed to be watching what we eat now that the holidays are over. Well, this one is too good not to share. In fact, if you are a jalapeño fan, then it is fantastic.
A couple of weekends ago I was left with a couple loaves of french bread that I needed to use. We were getting ready to watch a little football, and all I could think about was the Spinach Artichoke bread that my friend Heather had brought over the night before. It is all over Pinterest, basically spinach and artichoke dip spread on bread, and it is so good. It got me thinking about other combos we could slather on some french bread, and this is what I came up with. If you’re watching what you eat like I am in the new year, save it for the Super Bowl. If you have the willpower!
- 1 (16 ounce) loaf french bread, cut in ½ lengthwise
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup Ranch dressing
- ⅓ - ½ cup jarred pickled jalapeños (depending on how much "heat" you want)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced, green tops included
- 8 slices thick cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a bowl, combine the softened cream cheese and Ranch dressing. Mix well. Add the jalapenos, ½ of the cheddar cheese, the Parmesan cheese and green onions.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on both halves of the french bread.
- Top with the remaining shredded cheddar cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet and place under the broiler until beginning to brown and get bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle evenly with the cooked bacon.
- Pop back into the oven for another minute or two. Watch closely so it doesn't burn.
- Cook's Note: As I've said before I love the taste of jarred pickled jalapenos, but feel free to substitute regular jalapenos, seeded and diced if you wish.
Linked to the following parties:
Feeding Big In and Out of the Kitchen
Chocolate, Chocolate and More Thursday’s Treasures
Mandy’s Recipe Box Totally Tasty Tuesday
Walking on Sunshine Foodie Friends Friday
Miz Helen’s Country Cottage Full Plate Thursday
Six Sisters’ Stuff Strut Your Stuff Link Party
Everyday Mom’s Meals Church Supper
Gooseberry Patch What have you made this week link party
Buns in my Oven Whats cookin Wednesday