The other day I shared our recipe for Cream of Tomato Soup. This is the wonderful cheesy bread that I served with it. Anytime you need a great garlic bread, this one would be perfect. Try it with a different cheese if you prefer. I’ve found that even people who don’t care for Swiss cheese like this bread.
- 1 loaf french bread, cut in half lengthwise
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the softened butter, garlic powder and shredded cheese.
- Mix well and spread on the cut sides of the french bread.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned and cheese is melted.
Linked to the following parties:
Our very own Weekend Potluck
Mandy’s Recipe Box Totally Tasty Tuesdays
Recipes For My Boys Thursdays Treasures
Walking on Sunshine Foodie Friends Friday