When I saw these delightful little morsels on Pinterest, I knew we had to try them. They are similar to these Party Ham Sandwiches I make when I need a quick dinner. The glaze is what makes them. It is so incredibly yummy. The recipe for these Cheese & Beef Party Burgers came from Kevin & Amanda, one of my absolute favorite blogs. She calls them “Diamond Burgers” and makes them on dinner rolls. I used Pepperidge Farm Slider Buns. I would recommend that you don’t make them on the Kings Hawaiian Rolls or any other really soft bun, they don’t hold up as well to the beef mixture. I have found a denser bread is better.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1½ cups chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (10 ounces) Ro-Tel, drained
- 12 slices cheese
- 12 slider buns
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the ground beef and onion in a large skillet until cooked through. Drain.
- Season with the kosher salt, pepper, cumin, mustard powder, paprika and garlic. Cook for a couple of minutes to let the spices "bloom".
- Stir in the drained Ro-Tel tomatoes and cook a couple more minutes until warmed through.
- Place the bottom half of the buns in a greased 9 x 13 inch pyrex dish. Sprinkle the beef mixture evenly over the buns and top with cheese. Place the top ½ of the bun on the top.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and add the remaining glaze ingredients, except for the sesame seeds. Whisk until well combined and the sugar is dissolved.
- Spoon the glaze evenly over the tops of the sandwiches.
- Sprinkle evenly with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Recipe source: Keven & Amanda Cheesy Party Burgers (AKA Diamond Burgers)
Linked to the following parties:
Our very own Weekend Potluck