My family’s love of Buffalo chicken is well known. Give us a Buffalo dip or some chicken tenders — heck, just give us the bottle of hot sauce — and we are happy. I can put it on just about anything, and I’m convinced Dan will put it on everything! I even have a Pinterest board dedicated to the flavor. You need to check it out for some great recipes from some great blogs. Continuing with our Super Bowl theme, here is another tasty morsel for your party. If you are not a blue cheese fan, just use all Colby/Jack — it is equally delicious.
- 1 tube Pillsbury Crescent Roll seamless dough sheet
- 1 cup (5-6 ounces) cooked chicken breast, finely diced
- ⅓ cup hot sauce (I prefer Frank's Hot Sauce)
- ½ cup (2 ounces) shredded Colby/Jack cheese
- ½ cup (2 ounces) blue cheese crumbles
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together the chicken breast, hot sauce and the cheese.
- Unroll the crescent dough, on a lightly floured surface, lengthwise.
- Evenly spread the chicken mixture over the surface of the dough.
- Beginning up top, roll the dough back towards you like a jellyroll.
- Carefully move the dough to a parchment lined baking sheet and place in the freezer for 15 minutes. This makes it easier to cut into pieces.
- Cut the dough crosswise with a serrated knife into 10-12 pieces, depending on how big you want you pinwheels.
- Evenly space out on the cookie sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes until golden.
Linked to these great parties:
Buns In My Oven What’s Cookin’ Wednesday