Broccoli Pasta Salad
Author: Sunflower Supper Club
For the Salad:
- 1 pound spiral pasta
- 1 bag broccoli (10 ounces)
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup roasted Sunflower Seeds
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
For the Dressing:
- 1 cup mayo
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Cut the broccoli into bite size pieces, removing any tough stems.
- Add the broccoli, bacon, red onion, golden raisins, Sunflower Seeds and cheese to the large bowl with the pasta.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo, sugar, cider vinegar and garlic powder.
- Pour over the pasta mixture and stir gently to combine.
- Place in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving.