We eat a lot of beef at our house. My hubby and son are “meat and potatoes guys” and, for that matter, all three of our daughters and I also love beef. We think there is something special about beef combined with blue cheese — they just fit. This dressing is a change of pace from a traditional mayo-based blue cheese dressing. I love this olive oil and vinegar-based dressing because it isn’t quite so heavy. It is also terrific on a Cobb or Steak salad. I think I might have to have a salad for lunch….
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic (1/2 teaspoon)
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles, divided
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine all of the ingredients, except the olive oil and use only ¼ cup of the Blue Cheese crumbles.
- Process until well mixed.
- With the food processor running, slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream.
- Continue processing until blended.
- Pour dressing into a jar and stir in the remaining ¼ cup blue cheese.
- It is best if you can make it a few hours ahead to let the flavors blend.
Linked to the following parties:
Our very own Weekend Potluck
Walking on Sunshine Foodie Friends Friday
Everyday Mom’s Meals Church Supper
Addicted to Recipes Scrumptious Sunday Link Party
[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="6" format="thumbnails" image_size="medium"]