Well, now that we know that the San Francisco 49ers will be playing the Baltimore Ravens in the Super Bowl, I think it is time to focus on what I consider the most important part of the day…the food! I made these little biscuit cups for my kids’ lunch last weekend, and they liked them so well we made another batch the next day. I think they would be perfect on your Super Bowl table. They have beef, bacon and cheese…what’s not to love?
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1/2 teaspoon)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 1½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ tablespoons pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- ¼ cup (2 ounces) shredded Colby-Jack cheese, plus more for top
- 2 cans regular size biscuits
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown the ground beef with the onion, garlic, salt & pepper. Drain.
- Add the barbecue sauce, Worcestershire, pickle relish, and yellow mustard.
- Continue cooking for another 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Remove from heat and stir in the ¼ cup of cheese.
- Stir until melted.
- Flatten each biscuit into a 4-5 inch circle and press into a greased regular sized muffin pan.
- Fill each biscuit with about 1½ tablespoons of the beef mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top each biscuit cup with some of the bacon and the additional cheese.
- Return to the oven and continue baking for 2-3 more minutes or until cheese is melted and biscuits are golden brown.
- I prefer to use the regular sized biscuits for this recipe. The "Grands" is too much bread.
- Also, the bacon can be mixed into the beef mixture with the cheese before you fill the biscuits.
- I prefer to sprinkle it on top with the cheese, it stays crisper that way.
[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="6" format="thumbnails" image_size="medium"]
Shared at the following great parties:
Our very own Weekend Potluck
Mandy’s Recipe Box Totally Tasty Tuesdays
Inside BruCrew Life Trick or Treat Tuesday
Buns in My Oven What’s Cookin Wednesday
Real Housemoms Fabulous Fridays!
Six Sisters’ Stuff Strut Your Stuff Saturday
Weekend Kitchen Creations Weekend Blog Hop
Everyday Mom’s Meals Church Supper