I always keep a selection of refrigerated dough in my fridge. If you are in charge of getting a dinner or snack on the table, I’m sure you do as well. This is so easy and the kids always gobble it up.
- 5-6 slices bacon, cut crosswise into 1" pieces
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (1 teaspoon)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup BBQ sauce, plus another ⅓ cup to spread on the pizza crust
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, optional ( I use the pickled Jalapeños in the jar.)
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Colby-Jack cheese, divided
- 1 refrigerated pizza crust (11 ounce)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cook bacon over medium heat in a large skillet until crisp. Remove the cooked bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside on a paper towel lined plate.
- Discard the bacon grease in the skillet. Cook the ground beef, onion, garlic, kosher salt and pepper in the same skillet over medium heat until cooked through. Drain any grease.
- Add ½ cup BBQ sauce, yellow mustard, jalapeño (if using) and 2 cups of the Colby Jack cheese. Cook for another 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Unroll pizza dough on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Press into a 15 x 8 inch rectangle. Spread the ⅓ cup BBQ sauce evenly over the surface of the dough. Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese. Evenly spread the beef mixture over the dough. Sprinkle with the cooked bacon and the remaining cup of Colby Jack cheese. Roll up the dough starting on the end of the long side. Move to the center and place seam side down on the cookie sheet. Bake about 25 minutes until golden brown. Cut diagonally into slices and serve.
- You can also roll it starting at the short side. Your finished rolls will be bigger.
- I made it rolling the long way because we were using it as an appetizer.
Linked to the following fantastic parties:
The Best Blog Recipes The Weekend re-Treat
[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="6" format="thumbnails" image_size="medium"]